Sunday, February 26, 2023

The Screenplay

 This blog post will be about the screenplay for my film's opening. A screenplay or script is the written text of a film, TV show, or other pieces of media. A screenplay will typically include descriptions of the setting, stage directions, dialogue, and character actions, as well as shots and composition. Screenplays tell the story through words and descriptions and provide the framework for the film. They are crucial and a movie cannot be filmed without one. 

That being said, it's my turn to write a script. I have previous experience writing screenplays; I've had to write them for past assignments in my classes, which gives me an advantage. I know the basics like formatting and structuring. I have also done research, as evident in my blog posts, that will help me write my screenplay because I have the details as to what I'm going to write. I have also looked up examples of screenplays that I can reference to make sure mine looks like it's supposed to. I referenced the screenplay for Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, another fantasy film. This script helped me check my screenplay, allowing me to make sure I was doing it properly and that it didn't appear incorrect. 

This is a page of the Lord of the Rings screenplay. 

The link to my screenplay is here! It details what is going to be in the film's opening. I am going to provide a visual representation of my film's opening with my storyboard in a future post.


Source:
Heckmann, C., Walsh                                                                                                                                Chris Heckmann graduated from Emmanuel College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Writing, F., Jackson, P., & Boyens, P. (2022, January 24). Lotr 'fellowship' - free script download & analysis. StudioBinder. Retrieved February 26, 2023, from https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/lord-of-the-rings-script-screenplay-pdf-download/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...