Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Storyboard and Shot List

 This blog is going to be about the storyboard and shot list for my film opening. The first thing I'm going to be talking about is my storyboard. A storyboard consists of panels of drawings depicting the shots used in a production. Storyboards are helpful in visualizing the shots and how they’re going to be set up before filming begins. They also help to provide a sequence of shots and the structure of a production, in this case, a film. Storyboards are essential to the start of a production and will make the filming process much easier. 

This is the storyboard I created for Lost in the Pages:



My storyboard depicts my film opening shot-by-shot. My art skills are not the best, but I feel it accurately portrays my film opening and what I’m going to do. I created my storyboard using an app called Procreate on my iPad. Procreate is a tool typically used by artists to sketch, and draw and I figured I could make good use of it for my storyboard since I know the basics of it. I used blue to sketch my storyboard to contrast with the black of the border and make it stand out. 

My storyboard also helped me compose my shot list. A shot list, as the name suggests, is a detailed list of all the shots in a production. It includes several elements including, shot number, shot type, descriptions of shots, and angles. There are other elements as well but these are the ones I'm focusing on for my list. Comprising a shot list will help me when filming because I can mark them off as I go to make sure I didn’t miss filming anything. My shot list can be found here.

Storyboards and shot lists help a production move smoothly which is their purpose for my project. From here, I am going to create a filming schedule and approach as well as supplies I might need. This includes the magical book, which I still have to make. I'm going to start filming soon and I can't wait!


Sources:
Sorkin, Aaron. “Film 101: What Is a Shot List? How to Format and Create a Shot List - 2023.” MasterClass, MasterClass, 2 Sept. 2022, https://www.masterclass.com/articles/film-101 what-is-a-shot-list-how-to-format-and-create-a-shot-list.

Maio, Alyssa. “What Is a Shot List? Examples and a Brief Definition.” StudioBinder, 7 July 2021, https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/what-is-a-shot-list-example/.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...