Thursday, March 2, 2023

Film Prep!

 I am almost ready to being filming, so I'm going to create a film schedule, write out my approach for filming, and list the supplies I need to begin. 

A film schedule or, shooting schedule is exactly what it sounds like. It is a to-do list for what is going to be done in a production day by day. It typically includes dates, times, props, shots, locations, supplies, actors needed, and other elements. Because my project is only a film opening and a small production, my schedule is only going to include the basics. A film schedule will help me organize my filming process and make it run smoothly. 

My filming schedule:

My filming approach mostly just explains my schedule. My approach is as follows: on Saturday, I am going to film the beginning until Delilah takes a break. On Sunday, I am going to continue with Delilah looking at her books until the end of the opening. On Monday, I am going to finish shooting, if I haven't done so already, and look over the footage and asses if anything needs to be reshot. 

To begin filming, I need supplies. I am going to be using a tripod to stabilize my shots and a ring light for better lighting, and brighter shots. I don’t have access to a professional filming camera so I am going to be using my iPhone camera to film. Because I have a newer phone model, I don’t think there will be an issue with the quality of shots from my phone compared to a camera. I also need the different set elements, such as books, posters, blankets, pillows, figurines, etc. as well as the props (as shown in my filming schedule above) to convey the story. I have all of them, so they are not difficult to obtain. 

I am going to be playing Delilah in Lost in the Pages. I feel like because I wrote her, I know exactly how I want her to be portrayed and how the character should be approached. Once I create my book prop, I can finally start filming! I can’t wait and I’m really excited and happy with my project’s progress thus far.


Sources:

Matt. “What Is a Shooting Schedule? Definition & Examples • Filmmaking Lifestyle.” Filmmaking Lifestyle, 24 Nov. 2022, https://filmlifestyle.com/what-is-a-shooting-schedule/#:~:text=A%20shooting%20schedule%20or%20script,and%20any%20special%20production%20needs.

Peerspace. “Everything to Know about a Shooting Schedule Template.” Peerspace, 6 Oct. 2021, https://www.peerspace.com/resources/shooting-schedule-template/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...