Sunday, April 2, 2023

Project Reflection

 I am very sad to say that this project is coming to an end. I have had a lot of fun and have enjoyed the entire production process. Before I say goodbye to Lost in the Pages, I want to reflect on my project one last time. 

When I started the project, I was so nervous as to how everything would turn out, how I would be able to do everything, and how my process would go, but the more I worked on it, the more comfortable and confident I became. I learned how to have fun with a project which is something I had never done before. The creative freedom allowed me to expand my ideas, change what I needed to change, and really just do whatever I wanted with the project, which was one of the best parts about it. 

One of my favorite parts of working on the project was developing the mise-en-scene elements. Creating the set design, the makeup design, the prop design, and especially the costume design was so fun for me. Designing some sort of mise-en-scene element for a production, whether it be makeup, costumes, set, or props, is something I can see myself doing as a career in the future, so being able to do that for this project was a great way for me to get started with some experience. I also loved filming and seeing my creation being brought to life. The most fun I had while filming was going to the park to film Delilah being transported into the forest. My dad and I went and explored, trying to find a good place to film, and found someone getting married! That was really cool to see although, the music did disrupt my filming process a little bit. 

My dad and I looking for a place to film.

Me taking a break from filming, due to the wedding on the other side of the trees

I am also very proud of how my project turned out as a whole. Even though some parts of the process were stressful, I carried on and tried to make the best of what I could do. Although I keep saying it throughout my blog posts, I am really happy with how both my film opening and my CCR turned out. Things didn't necessarily go my way, especially with my CCR being a little bit too long, but I still think I made something great. I am going to miss creating these posts and working on my project but I can't wait for it to finally be shown online! Both my film opening and my CCR will be in the next two posts, I hope you enjoy watching them as I have enjoyed creating them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...