Tuesday, February 14, 2023

My Concept and How I’m Approaching It

For my Cambridge project, I am choosing to do a fantasy film opening. In this film opening, the main character is reading and gets immersed into the book, literally. I came up with this idea because I love the fantasy genre and I love books. My love for books is what ultimately led me to choose this concept. Mrs. Stoklosa was showing the class samples of past film openings and I got the idea that I should base my project around a topic I liked. My first thought was music, but I felt that may be overdone and I didn’t have a clear idea of where I wanted to take it. My second thought was of books and the idea came to me. I liked it and checked if it had been the plot of a previous film, and it hadn’t. I decided, this is going to be what my film opening was going to be about. 

With a concept chosen, I now had to decide how I was going to go about creating the project. I had all these ideas floating around in my head but, I had to organize them. I created a schedule planning out what I would do everyday for the project. The schedule is shown at the bottom of this post. The schedule includes what days I blog and what I blog about, when I’m going to film, when I’m going to edit, my process on my CCR and when the entire project should be done by. This schedule is a really great way for me to be know exactly what I need to do and by when it needs to be done. I also accounted for breaks because my mental health is very important and I need to make sure I’m not overworking myself. This schedule is subject to change and likely will, due to the natural unpredictability of life and how much I may or may get done on certain days but this is a good framework on where to begin. I will be following this schedule as diligently as possible so the project can be completed in a timely manner. 

I am very excited to start working on this project and bring my idea to life!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...