Thursday, February 9, 2023

The Start of Something New!

Today, my class and I were introduced to our film opening project and I am really excited for it. The project, for our Cambridge portfolio, requires us to create a two-minute film opening for a new fiction film that we create. I love being creative and I’m happy I can express my creativity through a medium like this.  I know the project is going to be difficult and time-consuming but, if I plan correctly and use my time wisely, I won’t feel rushed and I’ll be able to create a project I am really proud of.

One of the first things to consider when starting this project is what genre is going to be portrayed. There are many options to choose from such as drama, fantasy, thriller, comedy, sci-if, and adventure. Out of all of these genres, fantasy is my favorite, so that is what I am likely going to create. I want to create a project in a genre I really enjoy, which will cause me to have more fun while doing the project. For whatever genre I choose, I have to do research on it to better understand it and be more knowledgeable about the aspects of my project. I will research films in the genre, the target audience, distribution methods, among other aspects.

I also have to consider how I am going to approach the project. I am planning to create a schedule in order to plan what I am going to do and when I am going to do it. This will help me envision a structure for the project and allow me to utilize my time properly. I am also going to use these blog posts as a way to document my thought process for different aspects of the project. I have never had to write down my elaborate thought process and think about everything I do in depth, so this blog will be a great way for me to do that. 

I’m really excited to work on this project more and create something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...