Sunday, February 19, 2023

The Main Character - Delilah

In my last post, I mentioned I would talk about Delilah's character in a future post. The future is coming sooner than you think because this is that post! I will be talking about Delilah's introduction in Lost in the Pages opening, her traits and motivations, and provide context to what she would look like. 

In Lost in the Pages, Delilah is introduced to the film as she is coming home from school and doing her homework. She's listening to music and bobbing her head to it as she works. She has a timer set for her to take a break. When she takes her break, she begins reading. All of these elements prove that Delilah is smart and manages her time well. These actions develop Delilah's characterization in the film's opening. 

Delilah is a sixteen-year-old high school student, just like me! She's very studious and cares deeply about her schoolwork. She's also incredibly smart and loves her English classes. As well as being smart, she is kind, loyal, and determined. Her thought process is very meticulous and is always moving three steps ahead. On her quest to go home, she is the voice of reason and always has a plan of action. At home, she has a small, close-knit group of friends but her family is everything. She loves her family, especially her little sister Jade. Jade is four years younger than her and is ultimately the reason Delilah goes back. The people she loves, she treasures, and will do anything for. Delilah is also bisexual and is well-supported by those around her. A character alignment chart, typically used by players of Dungeons and Dragons, is a great way to dictate the personality of a character. It ranges from lawful, neutral, and chaotic good, neutral, and evil. In a character alignment chart, she would be considered lawful good.


This is what I imagine Delilah would look like. The art was created by @cupspoodles on Instagram (check them out, they are really talented!). I saw it and thought it encapsulated Delilah perfectly. I envisioned Delilah having shorter brown hair, and wearing neutral-colored clothes. I feel like the design fits the academia aesthetic of the character well. It also has a cute innocence which is typical of the fantasy genre. I love this design and character and I can't wait to bring it to life in my film opening. 

I also created a Pinterest mood board for the character liked here, as well as a Spotify playlist linked here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...