Saturday, February 18, 2023

What is My Film About?

 I have mentioned in previous blog posts that my film opening is about a girl who gets transported into a book she’s reading, but I’ve never elaborated beyond that. I created a basic, vague plot diagram on my iPad mentioning the main plot points of the film. I also came up with the title of my film, Lost in the Pages. I came up with the title by knowing what I want to incorporate in it. I wanted it to be related to books in some way. I tried many different titles in my head, finding one that worked. I first thought of Lost Girl, but it was too familiar to Peter Pan. I then tried, The Girl Lost in a Book, but it seemed too basic and literal. I also tried Lost in a Book which I liked but wanted to elevate so I came up with Lost in the Pages. I loved it and decided that was the title. I discovered that it is the name of a mobile game but because it is a different media, and not under copyright laws, I figured it was okay to use. 


In Lost in the Pages, the main character is named Delilah. When Delilah is magically transported into the book, she ends up in a magical forest. In this forest, she meets magical creatures such as a unicorn, gnomes, and fairies. Here, she also meets a satyr, technically a faun, which is a half-woman half-goat, named Nyala. Nayala is Delilah’s guide. Nayala takes Delilah out of the forest and takes her to the nearby village. The nearby village is full of bars, taverns, and shops. Nyala takes Delilah to a clothing shop to get more fitting, appropriate clothes because she still has her regular clothes on. When she changes, they explore the rest of the village and become well-acquainted with everyone. Their last stop of the "tour" is the apothecary at the edge of the village. They go in and Delilah locks eyes with, Theodas, the elf who owns the shop. They are both intrigued by the other's appearance and connected instantly. It was when they met that Delilah realized she couldn’t stay; that this wasn’t her world to live in. She decided during her time there, she would bring her new friends along with her on her journey home so she wouldn't feel alone. On this journey, the three friends have to find a magical crystal that can grant her a wish. They go through many places like an abandoned castle and a dark cave, solving puzzles and riddles that would lead Delilah home. Through these quests, the three friends got closer, especially Delilah and Theodas who Delilah had taken to calling Theo. Theo and Delilah had been flirting with each other back and forth and Nyala was seen as a parental figure to both of them. They find the crystal in a magical maze and their quest comes to an end. They all give a tearful goodbye as Delilah makes her wish and goes home. When she arrives home, Delilah realizes that only a minute had passed and that her clothes were normal again. She sees on her bed, the outfit she wore, which makes her realize it wasn't a dream. She smiles and puts the book back on her bookshelf.

Explaining the plot of the film will help provide more context for the film's opening. It will also allow for a better understanding of Delilah's character, which will be explored further in a future post. The explanation of the plot will also allow for mise-en-scene elements, such as the costume, to make more sense. This plot uses typical elements of the fantasy genre while being fun and entertaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...