Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Evaluating Footage

 In this blog post, I am going to be evaluating some of the footage I have from filming my project. I am going to be evaluating what I am going to change, what I’m going to keep, how I am going to edit it, and how it fits into my project. 

 
This is a shot of Delilah rummaging through her bag to get her homework. The footage at the top is the one I am going to use in my production. I took me a few tries to get this shot, (One of my other attempts is shown below) but it turned out good in the end. One of my first tries, the footage at the bottom, the shot wasn’t angled correctly and too much of my body is shown. The footage at the top, the one I’m using is angled perfectly. You can perfectly see Delilah looking through her bag and see her put her supplies on the bed. I am likely going to cut a lot of Delilah rummaging through her bag, because it feels unnecessary and unnatural. I am going to cut the first couple seconds until she takes the notebook from her bag and the shot will end when she closes the bag. This shot is followed by Delilah doing her homework and getting interrupted by her alarm. It provides more visuals and angles to the shot to make the film opening more appealing. 

This is a close-up shot of Delilah doing her homework. I had to cut down the clip to fit in the blog but, it originally longer. This is a shot that wasn’t included in the storyboard or screenplay but, I thought it would make my film opening more appealing. It serves a similar purpose to the shot above, to provide more visuals. I am using this shot in tandem with Delilah doing her homework. In my film opening, Delilah is going to be shown sitting on her bed doing homework, then it is going to cut to show what Delilah is writing, then cut back to her writing and getting scared by her alarm. I am going to use the part of the shot in which Delilah is in the middle of writing and then cutting it before she starts erasing her paper. This should create a seamless sequence of shots between the two parts.

This close-up shot depicts Delilah deciding what book she is going to read. As evident from the footage, I did the series of facial expressions twice, to ensure I got the result I wanted, and I did. I will admit, my entire head not being in the frame is problematic, but I think the rest of the film opening will make up for it. This footage starts a sequence of Delilah looking at the books, which cuts to footage of the books, then to Delilah deciding the book she wants to read, to then her grabbing the book. Out of the two sets of facial expressions I did, I am going to use the second one. I feel these expressions better encapsulate the desision that Delilah is making and that she is satisfied with her choice.

I obviously filmed a lot more but I just wanted to highlight some of what I filmed and describe my thought process with shots and filming. I am really excited to start editing and to start putting together my final project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...