Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Group Meetings: A Finale

We had our final group meetings in class today! My group was almost the same as the previous, Ace, Samantha, Isabella, Dana, and Lauren but we were missing Mya. As a group, we were very productive and gave each other great feedback and suggestions for going forward with our projects. In this post, I am going to detail what happened during our group meetings, the feedback that was given to me, and how I am going to move forward with it. 

We started by talking about our print components. Ace, being the only one doing a short film, had a post card and was starting his postcard now that he finished editing. Isabella had finished their story but was struggling with the layout of the spread so we all gave her ideas on how to improve it and make it more dynamic. I had started the template for my spread, but as mentioned in the previous post, I haven’t started the story yet. Most hadn’t started it yet as they were still editing, which turned our focus to social media. Most were struggling to come up with ideas for posts, so we all helped each other out. We each gave suggestions for different posts that would work with their ideas and gave feedback on each others ideas, especially with audience engagement posts. 

After that, I began asking for feedback on the draft I had created for my episode excerpt. I got a lot of good ideas and suggestions on how to improve my piece. The most suggested ideas, I was already planning to incorporate, that being adding music and creating a title card. As mentioned in previous posts, I planned to include music but didn’t like what I chose. So, I waited for feedback to see if the piece needed it, and it very much does. That is something I am going to add when I continue to edit and Isa gave me the suggestion of using thematic.com so I am going to take that into consideration for sure. I also knew I wanted to add an introduction of some sort and I have an idea of what I want it to be. However, I am unsure on how to execute it. I had suggestions to use Canva, but I already tried and I was unable to create my desired vision. Ace also said I could even start from black and use the voiceover as a sound bridge as a transition, which although is not ideal, may be my last resort option if I can’t create my desired title card. The alternate side angles were well received as was the B-roll which was great because they were two aspects I was kind of worried about. I was also given small corrections such as, zooming in on the clips of the middle school pictures on the phone and the Trevor Project website to make the content more clear and visible. Another correction I was given was to fade the text with the video when transitioning into the other interviews of Tasha’s friends or to alternatively use the voiceover as an audio bridge with the audio from the clip of the friends lowered which is what I am going to likely do as I like this transition better than the fade out I currently have. I was also told to incorporate the other angle at around forty-nine seconds as the cut I made was too obvious. The feedback and constructive criticism I received was very helpful and will help me improve my project immensely.

We ended by watching Ace’s piece and giving feedback on it. His piece was incredible and put together so well! The story was really cool and unique which made the piece even better. We also talked about trailers and teasers, and how we could include them in our social media page. I plan to do a small teaser using some interview footage and B-roll with a piano cover, played by me, of We Are Young by fun. which is the song my title is based on. This group meeting was very constructive and I got a lot of useful information from it. I cannot wait to continue with this project and present my final results!

“But the truth is, also, simply this: love is indomitable.”

- Casey McQuiston

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...