Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Final Group Meeting!

In class today we met with groups one final time before we were to submit our projects next week. In my group were Camila, Mari, Daniel, and Ace. If you recall, Daniel and Ace were in my group during our last meeting. We each took turns talking about each of our projects and where we were at with our progress. After that, I watched Camila and Ace’s projects. Both of which were fantastic. They were so cool, and engaging, and shot very well. I saw some of what Daniel did and it was pretty good. I wish I could’ve seen more of it, but it wasn’t complete. I wasn’t able to watch Mari’s because it was on her partner’s home computer but the clips she showed me were good. 

The Final Group! (Camila is on the left, Daniel is behind her, Mari is in the front, Ace is in the back and I’m on the right)

I then showed my film opening to everyone and got some feedback. Most of it was generally positive which was good, but I did get constructive criticism, which was honestly even better. A general critique was with the alarm sound. It was too loud and didn’t feel like it was the diegetic sound that I wanted it to come across as. Camila suggested recording an alarm sound with my phone and putting the sound a bit farther from the microphone to make it sound more realistic. Mari told me that the sound was a bit off when the alarm goes off and stops. Ace mentioned the cut when I grab the book that shows the title was a bit obvious and that I should maybe speed up the clip instead of doing a cut. Daniel mentioned that some of the credits were a bit hard to read because they were moving quickly. These are all good and fair critiques from my peers. I am going to incorporate them and fix what is necessary to make my project even better.

My entire project is almost complete. Once I make these changes, my film opening will be officially done and I am currently working on my CCR. Once I am done with that, I will be completely finished! I am really happy with the work I’ve created and I can’t wait to post the final product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...