Monday, February 12, 2024

A New Portfolio Project!

I am finally starting this year’s portfolio project! It’s going to be a long and sometimes stressful process, but it’s going to be worth it to have a project I’m very proud of.

Before we begin, let me provide some background and explain what the project is. With this project, I have a choice of four options, a music promo, a film promo, a documentary package, and a short film. The music promo is for the release of an album from a local band or artist with a music video, an official social media page for that band or artist, and a digipak (the rendering of the CD or vinyl display of the album). The film promo is creating two full-length trailers, an official social media page, and a poster to promote a new film. The documentary package is creating a five-minute excerpt of an original episodic documentary with a social media page and a magazine article. The final option, the short film, is creating a five-minute complete short film with an official social media page, and a postcard advertisement for a film festival. 

While I like all of these options, the two that stand out to me the most are the short film and the documentary. I like the short film because it would give me a great piece to submit to film festivals and show my work off to more people while advertising it with the social media page and the postcard. It also allows me to be creative with writing a new story which is something I like to do. I like the documentary because we have created documentaries already this year and I really enjoyed it. This process is detailed in my previous five posts. I also have an idea for the documentary, that I've been wanting to do since last year. I want to create a documentary about what it's like being young and queer in America. This is a topic that has always interested me and identifying as queer myself, I think I could bring stories to life in a real and authentic way. 

So far, I am heavily leaning towards the documentary package but I will update you with my decision and the ideas I have for it. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 I am proud to present...We Are Young: Here & Queer! Documentary https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACENz9NJervsk3gmpDG1xvXmSTqgNTwl/view?...